Sunday, October 26, 2008

Listening

Today was nothing to do,so when to play badminton with my friends and couz for an hour at The Challenger Sports Centre @ Galeria Alam Damai and had lunch with them.Then,when to the bus stop to buy the newspaper at the stall. Suddenly, an old Indian woman approach to me and ask me "hey dik,is this the bus pergi to the K.L. central..I was not sure ,so when to check at the board and told her that,after this 2 buses, then the next 1 will go there...Aiyoyoyo,she shouted,need to wait for so long..then smiled at me and say thanks..when i want to walk away..she call me again and ask me to accompany her coz she can' see properly and scare will take wrong buses...wat to do, must help elder people ma..so i just agree and sit with her for a while...

This old lady like know me for a long time, she tell me everything about the history of her and her family...she also told me that today,she going to the K.l sentral ,is to pick up her 2 nephew that come back from Ipoh so as to celebrate Deepavali with her.This 2 nephew is her very last treasure,she told me that...their parent was died in a car accident in the past 9 years...they only 7 and 10 years old at that time.Now, they studies at Ipoh-TAR college,the elder going to graduate this end of the year... the younger just join the new intake at the college,she very happy about their achievements.

Then,she asked many question again,for example,need to buy ticket at the K.L. sentral, the way to the gate when reach there and many more...maybe she just an old lady and forget how to do it,so,i just use the empathic listening to solve the problem for her,and give some advice or the way to do it,write in a short note to her....After 10 minits,the buses came,then i help her to the bus,and tell the Indian woman that stand beside me to help her..when she in the bus and say again "thank you",dik n wish me Happy Deepavali with a great smile. After that, I continue my lunch with them and feel great that i did a good deed.hahaha...

At here, I wish all the Indians and of course, Mr.Murali, "Happy Deepavali".

-Horatio(Eng Teck)-

No comments: